Read in ur Language

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Resham...

Resham was the first Nepathya song that created a direct impact upon me with distinction. Earlier sons like “Jomsom’mai Bazzar ma”, “Chekyo Chekyo” had definitely struck my auditory cortex but I think I was quite young then to feel a distinct Nepathya in those songs. But by the time Resham was released, I was already 14yrs and able to comprehend at least something.

I was an avid reader of Kantipur daily (which I still am) and its announcement of Nepathya beings back had made me happy (though I cant remember why I was so excited about them but as a matter of fact, I definitely missed the makers of folk poop songs like Udayo railaile and Jomsomai bazzar ma). But when I read the Resham virus article in Saturday special of Kantipur (Brajesh Khanal had written it), my excitement reached anew level. And I found companion in ganesh parajuli dai to help me. And I made sure that all of my fellow friends and villagers listened to the songs (at least passively!!). needless to mention it was a big hit.

My excitement and unexplained elation was justified. For me Resham was everywhere, class, school, home, playground. Like brajesh had written, we really started calling our friends Resham. Oie Resham’ ‘ke cha resham’ had become our new found linguo. So much so she was also being called Resham!!!

The craze is over now but every now and then I listen to the song..

“Allare thiti jiskauche malai

Resham…

Yo maya chodi kaha jail umkera ho resham”

those days come back again to my mind..vivid and clear... Not going much personal.. i will like to say I miss u guys..those days and those everythings...


No comments: